[avatar user="tonyw" /] This picture frame, from Fine Woodworking Magazine, nearly killed me. Hyperbole aside, it should have taken me a month or two, instead it was a 15 month ordeal. I managed to botch a critical piece twice. Because the mortise and tenons are custom fit, I had to start from scratch each time. I managed to complete one but it wasn't close to square, into the kindling pile it went. Pictures from all three attempts are kind of mixed up here - I'm trying to show the sequence of the process (which could be confusing with so many restarts).
A friend of ours found himself flying over our house with a camera. He gave us a photo that made our place look better than it ever has in real life. I had it printed and gave it to my wife as a Christmas gift along with a promise to make a frame for it.